Sunday, February 8, 2015


You may know her as April-Shower82 or Michelle Spencer (on Tricky Raven). She's a writer and one of the nicest women in the fandom. Make yourselves comfortable and find out more about Michelle.

Q: Michelle, let's get this started, shall we? How did you end up in the world of fanficiton?

A: I ended up in the world of fanfiction when I was in college. I was looking for more reading material when I found Fanfiction.net. From there I became addicted to Inuyasha fanfiction. After a while I expanded into other television and book series.

Q: We know you write Twilight stories, do you support any other fandoms?


A: I support Twilight, Inuyasha, iCarly, Once Upon A Time, Sleepy Hollow, and a few other manga based fics.

Q: We know you for your stories, but how did you started posting? What made you decide to write fanfiction?

A: I started writing fanfiction because I wanted to read a story that I've never read before. I am a huge Jake and Bella shipper so I found many stories that I fell in love with. Yet, I found that many kept Jacob in the box that Stephanie Meyers had placed him in or he was so completely out of character that it was hard to read.

My first big inspiration came from reading Crave by toaist elf. Her Jacob was a dominant alpha male who was gritty and yet still held on to his emotional side. I searched for more stories like that and came up mostly empty handed. So I decided to try my own hand at writing Jake as a character that maintains who he was defined as by SM, but does not stay that way.

Q: When writing do you plan an outline or do you start writing as it comes to you?


A: I have always written as it comes to me. Whenever I try to structure my stories they always end up differently. So, I stopped and just let the words flow. Each scene and conversation plays out in my head like a movie so I see it first and then write it.

Q: Which were your biggest learning experience(s) or surprise(s) throughout the writing process?

A: My biggest learning experience was about my grammar, punctuation, and word choice, lol. I have written academic essays for years, so I had lost touch with how to write conversationally and with a story line.

Q: Many writers go through Writer's Block. What do you do when you're out of inspiration?

A: I tend to listen to music or read fanfiction until something comes along. I try not to get frustrated because it just makes things worse.

Q: That's good advice! Talking about that, what would you suggest to anyone new at writing?


A: Write about what you like. While it is great to take in other people's opinion, writing should be done ultimately because you love to read and express your thoughts and imagination through words. Be passionate about what you write, but be open for growth.

Q: I agree with you! Do everything you like, and with passion! On this note, which of your stories are you most passionate about?


A: While I am proud of all of my stories, the ones that really are my babies are my first three posted/published stories: TheCatalyst, Almost is Never Enough, and Cupid Shot Me through the Heart. These stories challenged me to be better and to write in a way that I wasn't used to. They also gave me the confidence that I needed to believe that others would enjoy the stories that I write.

Q: Any new fanfic coming soon?


A: I have a Paul/Rachel story in the works along with a Leah and Embry story and a few more Jake and Bella stories in various stages of being written or finished.

Q: I'll be waiting for that Leah/Embry story! Are you posting anything right now?

A: I am working on some stories for my TajMahal series, chapter 14 of The Catalyst, and a few other multi-chapter fics.

Q: That's a lot on your hands! I'll always admire women like you who have kids and yet find time to write while taking care of your homes and kids. It's amazing! Talking about family, are you in the Fandom-closet?


A: I was in the fandom closet until last year when I posted my first story, The Catalyst, on Tricky Raven. No one really knew what I was always reading on my phone or laptop. They only knew that I was reading stories on the internet. Now they know that I read and write fanfiction whenever I am free to do so.

Q: Okay, so you write stories about Bella/Jacob, but who's your favorite character?

A: I have two favorite characters: Jacob Black and Killian Jones (Hook from Once Upon A Time).

Jacob Black, to me, is such a malleable character who is so multifaceted that to not utilize his potential as a male character is absurd.

Killian Jones is a rogue with a soft heart.

Both of these guys love hard, fight for the girl they love, and fight to keep her; even if it means fighting their love to stay together.

Q: You're watching OUAT too! That's great! Wish there was a book about this TV show! That brings me to the next question... What genre(s) do you usually read? And what does a book need to grab your attention?

A: Romance, erotica, historical romance, fantasy, and comedy.

A story needs a strong description and a hint of potential to grab my attention.

Q: I have a problem, an addiction... I'm a bookaholic! Could you recommend any fanfic or original books?


A: I have way too many to list here. If anyone really wants to know they can visit my profile on FF.net and they can see which stories and/or authors I have on my favorites list.

Q: What are you reading now? Fanfic? Original?


A: I am currently reading J/B fanfiction on FF.net. Daybreak by Romantic tragic perfection, Until Your Heart Stops Beating by cwc72906, almost every story written by NikkiB1973, and every J/B story on Raven.

Q: Okay, last question, it'll be a bit out of topic... how did you come up with your penname – April-Shower82?

A: It is my middle name, birth year and it's a title from a song by a group called Dru Hill.

Q: I was so curious and trying to find the meaning during the whole interview! Lol. Michelle, this was fantastic! Thanks so much for answering to all my noisy questions!


You can find her on:

1 comentarios:

  1. so glad you came out of the fandom closet - it's too dark in there.
    yay - more love for leahxembry... I watched the first season of OUAT and see Killian all the time on tumblr... definite possibilities there. Or maybe it's just the leather...

    ReplyDelete